Friday, June 20, 2014

Ground Zero, Rockefeller Center, United Nations, and more in New York


I recently went to New York on a vacation/research trip.  I took a lot of pictures and video and will be spending some time to put them together.  For now, I want to post some of the pictures and my thoughts.

The energy of New York is high and can be felt.  The weather was perfect and the people were very happy and polite during my visit.  I went to see certain sites due to the history and symbolism that is present in the old city.  I found what I was looking for.  Here are some of the famous places of New York:

 
Me with a very interesting Statue of Liberty
 




Outside of Grand Central Station









 
Inside the Rockefeller Center
 

Prometheus at the Rockefeller Café

 
 
 


 
Inside the Security Council at the United Nations
 









 
All from the United Nations which has a goal to disarm the world.  The irony of UN soldiers who have no authority to enforce anything using a gun while the United Nations wishes to disarm the average person, did not escape me.
 
 
 
 
The Empire State Building
 





 
Freedom Tower

 
Ground Zero Memorial - the water was calming and that is probably one of the reasons behind the design besides that of a cleanser.
 

 
Ground Zero Memorial
 
 
 



Outside of St. John's Cathedral (I will be posting a video and more on this amazing gothic church).


 
Children's Garden
 

 
Bridge at Central Park
 



Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island next to Ellis Island





From the Intrepid Museum (more to come on this museum)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment