Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
I just found out about an interesting program YouTube is offering schools and teachers. It appears they are trying to create a group of educational videos that are safe for viewing by teachers and students. It also appears that the school/teacher can customize a watch list for their students. Here is a video on the project:
I've always found the style of Egyptian eyes interesting. It usually involves black eyeliner that accentuates the eye and makes the eye seem larger. Here is an ancient painting of Isis. You can see the distinct Egyptian eye style. It is similar to her son's Eye of Horus.
What is interesting to me, is that the outline of a lion's eye is similar:
The lion was associated with Osiris and Isis. Cats were seen as protectors in ancient Egypt and lions were a symbol of royalty.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
I just read an article about a group of men who want to destroy the ancient ruins in Egypt because they consider them pagan. Unfortunately, many artifacts have already been destroyed (the Buddha statues, the Alexandrian Library, the Mayan Codices, and much more) because men want to rewrite history and be in charge of other people. There is still much to learn from the past. To not know your past is a sure way to repeat it. To allow others to rewrite and hide the past is a sure way to be their "slave."
It is said that Osiris was murdered by his brother Set. His body was dismembered and it is said that his head is buried in Abydos. Perhaps this is not a myth, but rather a true piece of history. After doing a lot of research, I found an interesting story about the first king/pharaoh of Egypt who went to war to create Egypt. His name was King Menes. Some believe he is also named Narmer and possibly King Scorpion. The Turin and Abydos king lists site him as the first pharaoh of a united Egypt and the founder of the first Dynasty of Egypt. The capital of Egypt was Memphis (near Cairo, today).
The Narmer palette shows a view of his conquests.
This palette is dated to around 3100 B.C., that is about 5100 years ago. King Narmer was married to Queen Neithhotep and had one son name Hor-Aha. Narmer was killed by a Hippopotumus. His son was also menaced by a Hippopotumus. The Hippopotumus was a symbol of Set so is this recorded piece of history reflecting the real Osiris? Hor-Aha had 4 sons: Djer, Rhejet (Rhjt), Heti (Htj) and Saiset (S3jst). The Horus of legend had 4 sons who became the symbols on the 4 canopic jars used for burial.
If this was the historical Osiris, then it is very important to preserve the history of the world whether your religion agrees with it or not. It is significant because Osiris was a demi-god giant who was around during the time of his father, Geb, and this gives a very important time-line to the past.
It is said that Osiris or King Narmer may have been the biblical Nimrod. He appears to also be the legendary Dumuzi, Bacchus, Dionysis, Queztlcoatl, Kulkukan, Viracocha, Red Horn, Lono, Balder, Vritra, and many other names. These are global legends about the same person who appears to have part of his body burried in Egypt. It was said that Osiris civilized the world. He created Egypt, travelled around the world and taught humans the art of agriculture and farming (humans were said to have devolved into cannibalism at this time) and many other "mysteries."
We need to study the past so that we know who we are, not destroy the past so someone can play world tyrant. Just think of all the information that went up in flames when the Library of Alexandria was burnt to fuel bath houses. I also personally believe there is a another female sphinx burried under the sand. I believe the one you see represents Horus or Hor-Aha and the one burried represents his mother, Isis or Queen Neithhotep. The dream stele of Thutmose IV not only shows two sphinxs back to back, but it also shows an underground chamber below the sphinx. Can you imagine what is in there? I can and I wrote about it my 6th book, The Library Kids The Pharaoh's Clue. Here is a picture of a reproduction of the dream stele that sits between the paws of the Great Sphinx:
Monday, July 9, 2012
The Aborigine are a native people that live in Australia. In book #7 of my series, The Library Kids House of the Dragon, the last crystal is found with the help of an Aborigine woman. The Aborigine have their own stories of the cosmos as well as cultural instruments and art. The Didgeridoo is an instrument played by Aborigine. Here is a youtube video of a Didgeridoo being played:
Vishnu is one of the 3 main gods of Hinduism. He is considered the preserver and maintainer where as Shiva is considered the destroyer and transformer and Brahma is the creator. Vishnu has come in the form of nine out of ten different avatars at different times. The most famous are Rama and Krishna. His wife is the goddess Lakshmi. Vishnu has already come in his form as nine of the ten avatars and he is yet to come in his tenth avatar form
Depending on which Purana or vedic writing you read, the gods Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva are all aspects of one another. The blue skin represents his all pervasive presence in space as well as the water.
According to wikipedia, here are his ten avatars:
There are ten avatars (dashavatara) of Vishnu commonly considered as the most prominent:
- Matsya, the fish that kills Damanaka to save the vedas and saves mankind.
- Kurma, the turtle that helps the Devas and Asuras churn the ocean for the nectar of immortality.
- Varaha, the boar that rescues the Earth and kills Hiranyaksha.
- Narasimha, the one (half-Lion half- human) who defeats the demon Hiranyakashapu (Nara = man, simha = lion).
- Vamana. the dwarf that grows into a giant to save the world from King Bali.
- Parashurama, A Sage, Rama with the axe, who appeared in the Treta Yuga.
- Rama, Sri Ramachandra, the prince and king of Ayodhya and killed Demon King Raavana.
- Krishna (meaning 'dark coloured' or 'all attractive' or the Existence of Bliss,), appeared in the Dwapara Yuga along with his brother
- Buddha, ((North India) Buddha, the ascetic prince is listed as an avatar of Vishnu in many Hindu scriptures including Bhagavata Purana, Bhavishya Purana, Narasimha Purana etc. With the departure of Krishna, Kali Yuga sets in, in this age, the true devotion to Vedas was replaced by empty rituals. To enlighten the world in such times, Vishnu descended the earth as Buddha, the enlightened one.)
- Kalki ("Eternity", or "timeless", destroyer of time or "The Destroyer of foulness"), who is expected to appear at the end of Kali Yuga, the time period in which we currently exist.
Other writings indicate additional avatars for Vishnu. Vishnu will originate from different forms of the goddess Devi Ma. Here is an interesting video about Vishnu that I found on youtube:
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Just got back from the fireworks and I had some thoughts about 4th of July. The 4th of July is the American celebration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Today I saw an article that talked about how some of the founding fathers thought July 02 would be celebrated because it was the day, the Second Continental Congress voted to be independent from England. They were 2 days off, but we certainly do celebrate this independence. Americans celebrate 4th of July with barbecues, fireworks, concerts, fairs, and baseball games.
I thought about how this country started. Before America became a country, the colonies consisted of corporations and plantations. Some people came by choice, others did not. Those that came by choice had to get permission from their government to come to the colonies.
As time went on and America became a nation, the institution of slavery was ended through a civil war and the 13th Amendment. Those that did not own property were allowed to vote by the 14th and 15th amendment. Women got their right to vote through the 19th amendment. Many of the "wrongs" that were part of this country were righted through the Civil War and subsequent legislation. The paleo-native Americans are nations within a nation. The Articles of Confederation was replaced by our current Constitution and appropriate amendments were made.
America became a nation over the issue of "taxation without representation." Right now, it seems there is quite a bit of dissent over healthcare, taxes, banker bailouts, foreign wars, immigration, and the drug war. There are other issues of concern as well. We were the first nation to send a "man to the moon" and we haven't done much with the space program as of late. America is the nation that the world looks to as a beacon. Our streets were said to be "paved with gold" (even though they are not) and we are a land of "milk and honey". However, many of our jobs have been outsourced and our economy is faltering. Americans never accept a "that's how it is attitude" and "this is how it is" answer. I have hope that our people within will take over and revitalize America and make it the best nation of the world for all to see as well as aspire to be.
I wrote about an alleged visitation that George Washington received from an angel at Valley Forge, during the Revolutionary War in my 4th book, The Library Kids Talking Stones. He was given a vision of the perils that would come upon America. Several of them have already occurred (Civil War, WW II). The third may come. Here is a summary of it that I quote from the American Patriot site, but keep in mind the end prophecy of our nation never being defeated and that our nation will be here for all time:
We give the account here as it was reprinted in the U. S. war veterans' paper The National Tribune, in December, 1880. The National Tribune is now called The Stars and Stripes. This article was reprinted in the Stars and Stripes December 21,1950. Here is the report of this phenomenal and most important heavenly message for us at this hour. Wesley Bradshaw wrote: The last time I ever saw Anthony Sherman was on the fourth of July 1859, in Independence Square. He was then ninety-nine years old, and becoming very feeble. But though so old, his dimming eyes rekindled as he gazed upon Independence Hall, which he came to visit once more.
"Let us go into the hall," he said. "I want to tell you of an incident of Washington's life-one which no one alive knows of except myself; and if you live, you will before long see it verified. Mark the prediction, you will see it verified." "From the opening of the Revolution we experienced all phases-of fortune, now good and now ill, one time victorious and another conquered. The darkest period we had, I think, was when Washington after several reverses, retreated to Valley Forge, where he resolved to pass the winter of 1777. Ah! I have often seen the tears coursing down our dear commander's care-worn cheeks, as he would be conversing with a confidential officer about the condition of his poor soldiers. You have doubtless heard the story of Washington's going to the thicket to pray. Well, it was not only true, but he used often to pray in secret for aid and comfort. And God brought us safely through the darkest days of tribulation." "One day, I remember it well, the chilly winds whistled through the leafless trees, though the sky was cloudless and the sun shone brightly. He remained in his quarters nearly all the afternoon, alone. When he came out I noticed that his face was a shade paler than usual, and there seemed to be something on his mind of more than ordinary importance. Returning just after dusk, he dispatched an orderly to the quarters of an officer, who was presently in attendance. After a preliminary conversation of about half an hour, Washington, gazing upon his companion with that strange look of dignity which he alone could command, said to
AN UNINVITED GUEST
"I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something in the apartment seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful being. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of the visit. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of the eyes." "By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to speak, but my tongue had become useless, as if paralyzed. A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor." "Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed to fill with sensations, and grew luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarefy, the mysterious visitor also becoming more airy and yet more distinct to my sight than before. I began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations, which I have sometimes imagined, accompany death. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move. All were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion."
FIRST GREAT PERIL
"Presently I heard a voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn,' while at the same time my visitor extended an arm eastward. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay, spread out in one vast plain, all the countries of the world-Europe, Asia, Africa and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific. 'Son of the Republic,' said the same mysterious voice as before, 'look and learn.' "At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing, or rather floating in mid-air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left he cast some over Europe. Immediately a cloud arose from these countries, and joined - in mid-ocean. For awhile it remained stationary, and then it moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.
SECOND GREAT PERIL
"A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view." "A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing Up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them. Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, 'Son of the Republic, the end of the century comes, look and learn." "And this time the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward. From Africa I saw an ill-omened specter approach our land. It flitted slowly and heavily over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other.
As I continued looking I saw a bright angel on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word 'UNION.' He was bearing the American flag. He placed the flag between the divided nation and said, 'Remember, you are brethren.' "Instantly the inhabitants, casting down their weapons, became friends once more and united around the National Standard." "Again I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa.
THIRD AND MOST FEARFUL PERIL
"Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene. From each of these continents arose thick black clouds that were soon joined into one. And throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men. These men, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America, which country was enveloped in the volume of cloud. And I dimly saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and ~ the villages, towns and cities which I had seen springing up." "As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of the swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I again heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn." Where the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast."
"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shown the word UNION, and who bore our national flag in one hand, and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by, legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle." "Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious."
"Then once more, I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with the loud voice: "While the stars remain, and the heaven send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the UNION last." And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word 'UNION,' he placed it upon the Standard while the people, kneeling down, said 'Amen."
The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I, at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappeared, and I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, 'Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted; Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful for her is the third. But the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land, and UNION" With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, the progress, and the destiny of the United States.'"
'Such, my friends," the venerable narrator concluded, were the words I heard from Washington's own lips, and America will do well to profit by them."
I have faith in our children and our people. We are a nation of strong-willed people and fighters. We will rise to the occasion of revitalizing our nation and keeping our hard fought freedoms. To do this we must begin to remember the past and not fall for the tactics of revisionist history and we must look to the past , the present, and the future.
Totem poles were carved by native peoples of the Northwest Pacific coast of North America. The totem pole often indicated the kinship of a group in the tribe. They are often carved from trees. It may often include the history of a tribe or a message to shame another tribe, as well
Some of the carvings of the polynesian people, specifically their tikis, remind me of totem poles. The Mayan steles are very similar to totems, as well. There are also similar types of carving poles in Chinese and other Asian cultures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tiananmen_huabiao.jpg (creative commons licensed)
The Inuit are a people that reside in the Artic regions of America, Greenland, and Canada. They have adapted to the hardships of living in cold climiate. They have their own set of gods/goddesses and stories of giants and little people. It is likely that the Vikings encountered the Inuit people when they came to Greenland. The Inuit tell stories of raiders from other tribes as well as from the giants. The little people were not able to compete with the surrounding Inuit and Giants.
One very interesting part of their culture is throat singing. Here are some youtube videos with examples:
One very interesting part of their culture is throat singing. Here are some youtube videos with examples:
The Hopi people are a peaceful matrilineal native peoples of America. They live in the 4 corners area of the American Southwest. According to a 2000 census, there are less than 7000 Hopi living in the Hopi land. The Hopi and Zuni are descended from the Puebloan people. One of the four original Hopi villages, Oraibi, remains and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited villages within the territory of the United States. The village had a population of 1500 to 3000 people in the 1540s. The Hopi resisted the pressures and abuse from the Spanish and their priests and kept their culture and their religious beliefs in tact.
One of the most interesting parts of the Hopi belief system is their belief in Kachinas. Kachinas are spirit beings that represent elements in nature. According to wikipedia:
A kachina can represent anything in the natural world or cosmos, from a revered ancestor to an element, a location, a quality, a natural phenomenon, or a concept. There are more than 400 different kachinas in Hopi and Pueblo culture. The local pantheon of kachinas varies in each pueblo community; there may be kachinas for the sun, stars, thunderstorms, wind, corn, insects, and many other concepts. Kachinas are understood as having humanlike relationships; they may have uncles, sisters, and grandmothers, and may marry and have children. Although not worshipped, each is viewed as a powerful being who, if given veneration and respect, can use their particular power for human good, bringing rainfall, healing, fertility, or protection, for example.
The Hopi practice a complete cycle of traditional ceremonies although not all villages retain or had the complete ceremonial cycle. These ceremonies take place according to the lunar calendar and are observed in each of the Hopi villages. Like other Native American groups, the Hopi have been influenced by Christianity and the missionary work of several Christian denominations. Few have converted enough to Christianity to drop their traditional religious practices.
The Hopi have many dances that are part of their belief systems as well that act as spiritual medicine for their people.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Pachamama is the Goddess of the Earth to the Incans. She is said to be the wife of Inti. When the Catholics came to Peru, Pachamama was replaced with the Virgin Mary or the Virgin of Candelaria. Pachamama was a benevolent goddess as was her husband Inti.
According to wikipedia:
According to wikipedia:
The Virgin of Candelaria is identified or syncretized with other holy entities from other religions:
- In Guanche mythology, the Virgin of Candelaria was identified Chaxiraxi, and her son Chijoraji.
- In Cuban Santería, the Virgin of Candelaria is identified with Oyá.
- In Brazilian Candomblé, the Virgin of Candelaria is identified with Oshun.
- In the Hindu religion, the Virgin of Candelaria is Kali, the black patron goddess of the city of Calcutta in India.
- For Andean religions, this dedication is linked to the cult to the Pachamama (Mother Earth).
A yearly festival in honor of the Incan sun god, Inti, is held in Cusco, Peru. It is celebrated on June 24th. Many people from the area participate in the celebration of the lengthening of the days as the Earth orbits closer to the sun. Peru's winter occurs during the summer time of the northern hemisphere and Peru's summer is from December to February which is the winter of the northern hemisphere. The following embedded video is from Brian Foerster:
Here is another embedded video of the parade:
Here is another embedded video of the parade:
Monday, July 2, 2012
Another rare white buffalo was born on a farm in Connecticut in June of 2012. The white buffalo is very rare and the chance of a white buffalo being born is 1 in 10 million. The owner, Peter Fay, was contacted by the Lakota people who said they were praying for the birth of another white buffalo. The birth happened 3 days after the prayer ceremony. They plan on doing a naming ceremony for the white buffalo at the end of July.
There have been other white buffalos born around the country.
The white buffalo in Texas was unfortunately killed this year by an unknown culprit:
Three white buffalos were born on the Heider farm in Wisconsin. The first one was named Miracle and I wrote about my visit of her in an earlier post.
Here is a list of white buffalo born in America according to wikipedia:
- In 1833, a white bison was killed by the Cheyenne. The skin of this bison is hanging on the wall of Bent's Old Fort in Colorado. The Cheyenne killed this white bison during the Leonid Meteor Shower (The Night the Stars Fell) and scribed a peace and trade treaty on its skin. This event was documented by historian Josiah Gregg and other travelers on the Santa Fe Trail.
- On October 7, 1876, a buffalo hunter named J. Wright Mooar killed a white buffalo in the Deep Creek drainage near Snyder, Texas. He retained the hide his entire life, despite reports that Teddy Roosevelt offered him $5000 for the hide. White Buffalo Park is presently located near the site of the shooting, and an adjacent ranch is the current resting place of the hide.
- A bison named Big Medicine (1933–1959) was born in the wild on the National Bison Range on Montana's Flathead Indian Reservation. The name "Big Medicine" was chosen due to the sacred power attributed to white bison. Following his death in 1959, his body was preserved and is now displayed at the Montana Historical Society.
- A white buffalo was recorded at the U.S. Army Arctic Testing Center, Fort Greely, Alaska. There is a copyrighted photograph of it in Seeing the White Buffalo by Robert Pickering. This buffalo was part of a herd that had been relocated from Montana.
- A female named Miracle (not to be confused with Miracle Moon), was born at the family farm of Dave, Valerie, and Corey Heider near Janesville, Wisconsin on August 20, 1992. Her fur fully transitioned to brown as she matured, and she gave birth to four calves of her own before dying of natural causes on September 19, 2004. Additionally, a calf born at the Heider farm died aged 4 days in 1996. A third white calf was born in August 2006 which died after being struck by lightning in November of the same year. Kathleen Buerer wrote a memoir about her 1994 visits to Miracle, "By the Side of the Buffalo Pasture".
- Spirit Mountain Ranch donated the herd of white buffalo to Sacred World Peace Church and Alliance, in Flagstaff, Arizona (now Bend, Oregon) and has successfully bred four generations of white buffalo starting from a single white female, almost all with brown fathers. Their herd includes fourteen white animals as of May 9, 2011:
- Miracle Moon (female, born April 30, 1997), calf of Big Momma (brown). Miracle Moon (the first white of this line) has been DNA tested, and is shown to be 100% buffalo, or bison.
- Rainbow Spirit (female, born June 8, 2000, calf of Miracle Moon)
- Mandela Peace Pilgrim (female, born July 18, 2001, calf of Miracle Moon)
- Arizona Spirit (male, born July 1, 2002, calf of Miracle Moon)
- Sunrise Spirit (female, born May 22, 2004, calf of Mandela Peace Pilgrim)
- Spirit Thunder (male, born May 27, 2004, calf of Rainbow Spirit)
- Chief Hiawatha (male, born May 16, 2005, calf of Miracle Moon)
- Our Lucky Star (male, born June 10, 2006, calf of Big Momma)
- White Spirit (male, born June 10, 2007, calf of Sunrise Spirit)
- Happy Spirit (female, born May 4, 2008, calf of Miracle Moon)
- Dena's Pride 'n' Joy (female, born May 15, 2008, calf of Big Momma)
- On June 4, 2006, Miracle Moon gave birth to Little Dream Walker, a snow white baby (albino), sired by Arizona Spirit. This was the first white to white breeding. He died on June 6, 2006, due to albinism.
- J.R. Spirit (female, born May 7, 2011 to Mandala Peace Pilgrim) white calf
- Opal Sunrise Spirit (male, born May 8, 2011 to Sunrise Spirit) non-albino white calf with black eyes and black nose (not pink)
- Silver Spirit (calf born May 9, 2011 to Miracle Moon) male white calf
- Mahpiya Ska ("White Cloud") (Cherokee:ᎤᏁᎬ ᎤᎶᎩᎸ) is an albino white buffalo born July 10, 1996. She has resided since 1997 at the National Buffalo Museum and Cultural Center in Jamestown, North Dakota. Mahpiya Ska has been certified by the National Bison Association as an albino white bison; she is deaf and has impaired vision. She has had four brown calves. On August 31, 2007, she gave birth to a white calf. The calf has yet to be tested, but it is believed to be albino.
- Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo in Tupelo, Mississippi, owns a white buffalo bull named Tukota ("Too-ko-ta")
- A male white buffalo named Spirit of Peace was born on April 17, 2005, on the Blatz Bison Ranch in Fort St. John, British Columbia. Spirit of Peace died on June 1 of the same year, probably as a result of his premature birth.
- A female White Buffalo calf was born in Shelbyville, Kentucky on June 3, 2005 at Buffalo Crossing, a buffalo ranch and tourist facility. She was named Cante Pejute (Medicine Heart in the Lakota language) in a traditional ceremony led by Steve McCullough, a Lakota/Shawnee from Indiana.
- A male named Blizzard was born in March 2006 on the farm of an anonymous rancher, who arranged to have the calf transported to Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg, Manitoba in recognition of his spiritual significance to aboriginal people.
- A third white buffalo was born on the Heider farm (see "Miracle" above) on August 25, 2006. The male calf was named Miracle's Second Chance and was unrelated to Miracle. The Heiders planned to breed the male with the descendants of Miracle, but during a thunderstorm late November 26, 2006, five buffalo on the Heider farm were killed in a lightning strike, including Miracle's Second Chance.
- Lightning, formerly known as Kenahkihinén (Kĕ-Nah‛-Ki-Nĕn, from the Lenape language meaning 'Watch Over Us'), a male white buffalo, was born November 12, 2006, at Woodland Zoo in Farmington, Pennsylvania.
- On May 31, 2008, a third white calf was born to a normal brown two-year-old at the National Buffalo Museum, Jamestown, North Dakota.
- On May 12, 2011, a white male buffalo calf named Wakinya Pejuta Mahpiya which means Lightning Medicine Cloud in Lakota was born near Greenville, Texas during a thunderstorm on the ranch of Arby Little Soldier. In May 2012, less than year after its birth, Lightning Medicine Cloud was found on the Lakota Ranch, butchered and skinned by an unknown individual. Its mother was found dead the next day. In April 2012, Lightning Medicine Cloud's father was killed by a lightning strike.